Saint-Mihiel Salient

 

Guided visit

Saint-Mihiel Salient

 

        After the strategic move of the 8th french CA from Saint-Mihiel to Saint-Ménéhoulde the 24th of september 1914, the third bavarois CA set up his bridgehead in Chauvoncourt, the fort of the Camps des Romans fell the 25th of september. During 4 years violents fightings took place in the sector.

       In 1915, the bois d'Ailly and the bois brûlé have a sinister record of number of death .The german soldiers spoke of "Hell of the bois d'Ailly".

       The 13th of september 1918, the Saint-Mihiel region was released after the victorious attack of the  french and the american armed forces, under General Pershing. 

 
 

107-0749-img.jpg

107-0768-img.jpg

 
 

Guided visit all years on reservation only

Price list on request

Tél.: +33 (0)3.29.89.06.47

Email: otsi.saint-mihiel@wanadoo.fr

 

Make a free website with emyspot - Signaler un contenu illicite sur ce site